Save $125 when you order the Second Step Child Protection Unit for Kindergarten–Grade 5, which includes:
- One lesson notebook for each grade, Kindergarten–Grade 5
- Unlimited online staff training
- Lessons, posters, and DVD for each grade
- Family materials (letters, videos, take-home activities)
- Additional online resources (teaching, implementation, and evaluation tools)
- Lesson and family materials in Spanish
- Streaming media for all grades, including online access to lesson photos and videos (also in Spanish through Grade 3)
Please note: Kindergarten and Grade 1 lessons use the Second Step® puppets—Puppy and Snail—which aren’t included in the Child Protection Unit. If you don’t have Puppy and Snail, you can purchase them separately, or substitute your own puppets.
The Child Protection Unit includes training to help educators and staff prevent child abuse. Training modules prepare administrators, teachers, counselors, and staff to recognize, report, and respond appropriately.
Learn more and view a sample scenario from the training.
Easy-to-follow, scripted lessons teach children personal safety skills using clear, rules-based, age-appropriate instruction, giving kids the know-how and avenues to disclose abuse.
Learn more and see sample lessons.
It’s important that families understand what’s being taught in schools, especially with sensitive subjects. We’ve created a set of educational materials to explain what students are learning, alleviate anxiety, and provide guidance for talking to kids about safe and unsafe touch. Family letters help explain the program and adults’ role in child protection. Take-home activities and online videos further reinforce skills and encourage family discussions.
Preview the family content at: earlyopenoften.org
Translated into Spanish at: abiertoyamenudo.org
Second Step® Child Protection Unit K–5 Scope & Sequence
Child Protection Unit (PDF)