Save $19 when you order Second Step Early Learning and Child Protection Unit together.
- Second Step Early Learning classroom kit (includes downloadable Staff-Training Toolkit)
- Child Protection Unit lesson notebook and online staff training
- Streaming media for Second Step Early Learning, including online access to Weekly Theme photos, songs, and videos in English and Spanish
Second Step® Early Learning
Skills for Social and Academic Success
- Research-based, sequenced curriculum teaches essential life and learning skills.
- Media-rich content engages students and reinforces positive behavior.
- Fully scripted lessons are easy to integrate into the day.
- Take-home materials bolster family engagement and support.
- Interactive training expedites implementation and alignment.
Child Protection Unit
Working Together to Keep Kids Safe from Abuse
- Robust training helps develop child protection policies and procedures.
- Online training shows how to recognize and respond to signs of abuse.
- Age-appropriate lessons teach students clear rules about touching safety.
- Scripted lessons help teachers and counselors know what to say.
- Family materials extend support to the home.
Reviews of Research
Early Learning SEL Program Review of Research (PDF)
EL–5 Child Protection Unit Review of Research (PDF)
Self-Regulation Skills and the Second Step Early Learning Program in English (PDF)
Self-Regulation Skills and the Second Step Early Learning Program in Spanish (PDF)
Teaching Self-Regulation Skills to Close the Income-Based Achievement Gap (PDF)
Safe, Supported, and Ready to Learn (PDF)
Child Protection in Schools: A Four-Part Solution A Second Step White Paper (PDF)
SEL Program Head Start Alignment Chart (PDF)
Early Learning Child Protection Unit and National Health Education Standards (PDF)
Second Step® Early Learning Scope & Sequence
Second Step Program (PDF)
Child Protection Unit (PDF)