Choose from three options: Second Step Elementary plus the Bullying Prevention Unit ($449 in savings), Second Step Elementary plus the Child Protection Unit ($449 in savings), or order all three programs together ($593 in savings).
Includes (*depending on bundle selected):
- Second Step Elementary Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 classroom kits and online training (1 kit per grade)
- *Bullying Prevention Unit Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 lesson notebooks and online staff training (1 notebook per grade)
- *Child Protection Unit Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 lesson notebooks and online staff training (1 notebook per grade)
- Streaming media for all grades, including online access to lesson photos, songs, and videos (also in Spanish for Kindergarten–Grade 3)
By integrating our evidence-based, CASEL-endorsed SEL program with our Bullying Prevention Unit and Child Protection Unit, we’ve formed a cohesive foundation to help you improve behavior, build a positive school environment, and address safety—all while creating lasting results for children and communities.
Second Step® Elementary Classroom Kits
Skills for Social and Academic Success
- Evidence-based, sequenced social-emotional learning curriculum teaches essential life and learning skills.
- Media-rich content engages students and reinforces positive behavior.
- Fully scripted lessons are easy to integrate into the day.
- Take-home materials bolster family engagement and support.
- Interactive training expedites implementation and alignment.
Bullying Prevention Unit
The Power to Create a Positive School Climate
- 360-degree approach trains staff to work with all students involved.
- Field-tested lessons are designed to make the best use of class time.
- Videos, stories, and games model how to recognize, refuse, and report bullying.
- The curriculum applies foundational social-emotional skills.
- Family materials reinforce learning beyond the school.
Child Protection Unit
Working Together to Keep Kids Safe from Abuse
- Robust training helps develop child protection policies and procedures.
- Online training shows how to recognize and respond to signs of abuse.
- Age-appropriate lessons teach students clear rules about touching safety.
- Scripted lessons help teachers and counselors know what to say.
- Family materials extend support to the home.
Scope & Sequence Tables
Second Step SEL (PDF)
Bullying Prevention Unit (PDF)
Child Protection Unit (PDF)
Reviews of Research
Second Step Program Review of Research (PDF)
Bullying Prevention Unit Review of Research (PDF)
Child Protection Unit Review of Research (PDF)
Safe, Supported, and Ready to Learn (PDF)
Bullying Prevention in Schools Starts with Social-Emotional Learning: A Second Step White Paper (PDF)
Child Protection in Schools: A Four-Part Solution A Second Step White Paper
K–5 SEL Program Academic Alignment (PDF)
K–5 Child Protection Unit Academic Alignment (PDF)
K–5 Bullying Prevention Unit Academic Alignment (PDF)